Brother HL2270DW Toner Cartridge Reset Procedure

Have a Brother HL2270DW laser printer. Great printer, except that the starter cartridge lasted a measly 210 pages.

First, I tried this. Which didn’t work.
Then I ordered these inexpensive replacement cartridges from Amazon. Wish me luck.
Then I found this solution, which works. The post, originally by Phiolle, says:

Please do the following steps to reset the toner sensor.

– Open the front cover and leave open while completing the following steps.
– Turn the printer off.
– Hold the ‘go’ button while turning the printer on. All lights should be on.
– Release the ‘go’ button (or “start’ button).
– Press the ‘go’ button (or “start’ button) 2 times.
– Pause. All panel lights should be on.
– Press the ‘go’ button (or “start’ button) 5 times.
The toner light should be off. (error may be flashing)
The paper light should be on or flashing.
– Close cover. The ready light should be the only light on.

It works. Quoted here for posterity and google-ability.

272 Responses to Brother HL2270DW Toner Cartridge Reset Procedure

1. Cindy Shery says:

THANK YOU IMMENSELY!

I MAY BE SHOUTING BUT THAT’S BECAUSE I AM ACTUALLY DANCING TO THE SOUND OF PRINTING!

2. Amazing this is a beneficial online site.|

3. Patrick says:

Brilliant!, thank you very much for taking the time and care to publish this valuable fix. Considering the amount of people with this same problem, I am surprised that “Brother” doesn’t publish this in their manual and/or place it at the top of their site as recommended procedures/fixes for this problem

With kindest regards to you

4. Jason says:

That was such an intuitive reset. I imagine Brother thought we’d figure it out by ourselves….

For real — many thanks, my friend!

5. NM says:

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!! IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I really am that excited.

6. Rudy says:

Thank you it worked. Refilled with powder ink but didn’t want to mess with taking the cartridge apart to reset it per instructions. Really awesome thank you.

7. Robyn says:

Thank you very much. It works on other models too. Here we are in 2016 and Brother still doesn’t post this info. I am so happy!

8. Jack says:

It won’t work for me. I purchased a toner cartidge said to be compatible off of Amazon, AC-B0450 and it just keeps reverting back to a toner light and not printing.

9. Marcia says:

It worked! A million thanks. Marcia

10. Hi Individuals I just discovered a fantastic internet site which showcases information concerning all the famous fighters in the past and also present. It has images of fantastic boxing champs such as Muhammad Ali, Joe Frazier Louis, Rocky Marciano, Mike Tyson And various other excellent competitors. It additionally has connect to numerous video productions featuring these boxing greats, and also a means to talk about popular boxers with other boxing followers around the Internet.

11. Susan says:

Cell Phone is taking part in major role in establishing
    new business and also the established enterprise particularly in sales and advertising and
    marketing.

12. I have realized some important matters through your website post. One other thing I would like to talk about is that there are lots of games on the market designed mainly for preschool age youngsters. They include pattern identification, colors, animals, and shapes. These typically focus on familiarization as opposed to memorization. This makes a child engaged without feeling like they are studying. Thanks

13. Raden WWidarsito says:

Thank you so much, it works! I bought and tried 2 new cartridges and still the ‘Toner’ light went on. I nearly threw away the printer. Thanks once again!

14. Hi, i think that i noticed you visited my site thus i came to go back the want?.I am attempting to in finding issues to improve my website!I
    guess its adequate to make use of some of your ideas!!

15. I was going crazy. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this. It worked! Woohoo!

16. 룸싸롱 says:

What i don’t understood is actually how you are not really much more well-liked than you may be now. You are very intelligent. You realize therefore significantly relating to this subject, produced me personally consider it from numerous varied angles. Its like men and women aren’t fascinated unless it is one thing to accomplish with Lady gaga! Your own stuffs nice. Always maintain it up!

17. Jared S says:

Wow amazing solution!

18. googleplay says:

Thanks a lot

19. Bertrand Salvas says:

You’re THE MAN !

20. DEG says:

I can’t believe it! A posted solution that actually works!!!

21. Gmail UK Support Number 0800-098-8569/UK Gmail Helpline Number/UK Gmail Toll free Number/UK Gmail Helpdesk For Support/Recovery Password/Free UK Help Number.